I'v explained before how to install the android SDK on Eclipse IDE here.
Now we come to the IntellijIDEA
If you didn't face this problem move to the next step
JDK not found problem solution
Now you got the JDK and the SDK installed , Now to the IntellijIDEA
- open the .exe downloaded file.
- Go with the installer > Next > Install>Next > Agree..etc ...Finish.
Now the IntellijIDEA is installed but it needs to be activated ,And this is what we need the Key Generator for.
- open the downloaded key Generator (.jar) file.
- Enter your name and click generate.
- open IntellijIDEA and it will ask for license.
- choose to Enter license data.
- Copy & paste the name and Generated key to the activation form in IntellijIDEA and click Ok.
- And then the same Next > Next ...etc hustle.
Now the IntellijIDEA is installed and activated and ready to run.
Now the final phase is to tell the IntellijIDEA that you need to run android on it and where's the SDK and JDK is installed.
- click on Create New project
- A new project window will appear
- from the left panel go down and from the Android category choose Application module.
- and then enter the Project name.
- and at Project SDK click New
- A window will appear asking for the JDK location.
- Go to C > program files > java > JDK and click OK.
- A new window will appear asking for the SDK location.
- Go to C > program files > Android > SDK and click OK.
- A new window will appear in the Build Target choose the version of android you want to develop your application for such as Android 4.4.2 (kitkat) and click OK.
- Then click Next and finish.
Now you got the Android Running with IntellijIDEA and you are ready to sail in android world , for any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
find it useful ? share it with your friends.